Briefly about the project
The Center for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia (CSRDG) with the financial support of the European Union and Bread for the world and with partner organizations is implementing a project “Advancing Social Entrepreneurship for Sustainable and Inclusive Society”.
The project is a unique opportunity to address socio-economic challenges in society and protect fundamental human rights by creating a favourable environment for social entrepreneurship. The favourable ecosystem for SE will contribute also to sustainability and quality of social services, revitalization of remote areas of the country, increase access to education, preserve traditional culture, address environmental challenges etc.
To Create a favourable environment for social entrepreneurship.
Favourable legal environment for social entrepreneurship and social impact investment is promoted by engaging national and local governments in policy dialogue.
Concept of social purpose driven businesses and social entrepreneurship is widely promoted and supported by different sectors and society at large.
Sustainable development of social enterprises with strong regional focus is promoted through increased access to tailored financial resources, effective technical assistance, and networking.
A favourable legal environment for social entrepreneurship and social impact investment is created
Social purpose driven businesses and social entrepreneurship is widely promoted.
National government acknowledges its supporting role in advancement of social purpose driven businesses and Impact Investment in Georgia.
Municipal governments in Kakheti and Guria Regions have piloted mechanisms to support SE development.
Concept of SE is supported by different sectors and society at large.
Access to diversified finances for start-up and active SEs has increased.
Advanced, needs tailored enabling resources and support systems are available for active and start-up SEs throughout Georgia.
100 Operating SEs; and 150 CSOs and initiative groups and individuals, interested in start-up SE.
Legislative and Executive central government and local governments in two target regions.
80 Business companies and financial institutions.
2 regional universities.
Young people living in Tbilisi and Regions.
36 months – from 2021 to 2024
- European Union
- Bread For the World
Project partner organisations
Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA).
Civil Society Institute (CSI).
European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA).
Georgian Civil Development Association (GCDA).
Democratic Development Union of Georgia (DDUG).
the LEPL Youth Agency.
Briefly about the project
The project aims to contribute to the development of a more favourable social entrepreneurship ecosystem in the EaP region.
This will be done through raising awareness, promotion of social innovation and relevant exchanges with various policy and decision-making stakeholders that will ultimately lead to increasing the number of social investors, social entrepreneurs, and collaboration across the region. As a result, the project activities will support social enterprises to scale up their social impact.
The development of social entrepreneurship in Georgia will be promoted using Venture Philanthropy approaches:
According to EVPA Venture Philanthropy is a high-engagement and long-term approach to generating social impact through three practices:
- Tailored fnancing
- Nonfinancial Organisational Support
- Impact measurement and management
To contribute to the development of a more favourable social entrepreneurship ecosystem in the EaP region.
There are planned to be achieved the following objectives in Georgia:
- To promote Venture Philanthropy and Social Impact Investment;
- To support development of social innovations.
- Legal environment for Venture Philanthropy and Social Impact Investments will be studied;
- Awareness of corporate sector on Venture Philanthropy and Social Impact Investments will be increased;
- Impact Fund will be established which will support further development of 5 social enterprises. Selected social enterprises will receive long-term, tailored financial and technical support aiming at scaling up impact and improvement of financial sustainability.
- At least 5 SEs will scale up their impact and expand their social business with support of the Impact Fund;
- In frames of the Social Innovation component of the project at least 4 startup social enterprises will be established.
60 Month (September, 2020 - August, 2025)
European Commission's Directorate-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR).
Project is implemented by:
- European Venture Philanthropy Association
- Center for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia